Monday, September 20, 2010

..,

Om: Why do you always read that crappy romance novels? I mean it’s not like you believe in that reality. Don’t you find it a waste of your time?

Mia: It’s not that I don’t believe in it. I do. It’s just that I know that it will never happen to me. I know that I am not that kind of girl.


Om: Aren’t you selling yourself short? You know that you can find that perfect one you know?

Mia: Maybe..,


Om: Maybe,shmaybe—Have you ever given one of them the time of the day? Admit it. Admit the truth that you are just running away from the truth.

Mia: You know me so well, why do you keep asking?


Om: I am hoping that you would come to your senses on your own.

Mia: Haven’t you thought that I may also know why I am like this? Why I prefer to hide behind the books that I read?


Om: We both know that you do. You are just scared to face the facts.

Mia: Would admitting them change a thing? Will it make my reality better? Will it take away this jaded view that I have?


Om: It might, if you will allow it to. If you will just give it a try, everything is
worth a shot.

Mia: I did, I already gave this a chance. All it got me was further proof that it does not exist in my world but here in my head. In my alternate reality, love can find me and it can make my world the beautiful happy place that it is meant to be.


Om: Shouldn’t it be better if you allow your reality to be the world that you want to live in? Where you do not have to dream about it anymore for it is there right before your eyes?

Mia: I am not giving up on that hope. I am not closing my doors, I am merely biding my time, allowing the ball to come into my life when the time is right. I won’t go looking for it, it’s already killing me to hope that someday my own happy ending would come true.


Om: So you pretend that you don’t care and just read about it in those book of yours?

Mia: Yes. Because in those books, I know that they get their happy endings. That all things can happen and that just knowing that these things can happen to 2 souls out there is enough for me. I am selfish but it’s enough knowing that true love is happening out there.


Om: The problem with you is that you are too idealist and you want everything to go with that created plot of yours.

Mia: You are right but it’s better this way.., I know what I want and I know I will never get it for the guys I know I want only exists in books. I never wanted to give up on anything but reality tells you that wishing is for big babies. Romance novels, they are not my escape. They are my reality, the reality that all good things, all happy endings only happen in books.


Om: Someday, we both know that you will have to decide on which reality you want to live in. I just hope that you be happy whatever that reality you choose to be yours will be.

Mia: I know and I’m hoping for the same thing too. Maybe it will happen tomorrow, today or whenever—as of the moment, I will just continue to live with my books..,

No comments:

Post a Comment