Thursday, June 10, 2010

sileNt whisPer

I once dreamed as a child that I will get to have my own prince charming--a dashing, handsome and adorable prince to color my world and make everything right. Growing up with fairy tales tend to create this false idealism that girls should just wait for the right guy to make everything perfect.


Sad to say, I grew out of this fantasy way to early. I saw the flaw of the “prince charming” phenomenon.


I realized that it takes 2 to make a relationship work. I learned to see my worth and yearned to look not for the perfect guy but for the right guy. Yes, there is a difference between the two. The perfect guy is the person we were always meant to believe in. The one person who will make everything right, who seems to have mood and thought sensors that is on all the time. The right guy is the one who will be there not just to adore you but to see and respect you for who you are and your thoughts. The real difference between the perfect guy and the right guy lies in the ability of you being comfortable as you are.


There are also perfect guys in this world, they are not just found in fairy tales. Sad to say, we always wake up from the dream and long for someone real. Someone with flaws, tempers and moods just like us. It is not perfection that makes real Love happen. It’s those little details that you love to hate and hate to love that spells True Love. Everyone can love a rose, but not everyone can love the thorns.

2 comments: